Yes, I Am A Goth And It's Awesome


Yes, I am a goth and trust me it's awesome being one! I enjoy goth music. My favourite colour is black. I love wearing gothic outfits. I apply dramatic dark makeup. Black nail paint is what I flaunt on my nails most of the times. The dark side of life interests me. I am different from others and I like it. But it’s not just this; there is much more to being a goth.
For me being goth, apart from looking dark and mysterious, means freedom of thinking and rejection of dogma. It’s about seeking my individuality. Since quite a young age, I had a thing for gothic look.

My gothic clothing

I like to sport women’s gothicclothing. Mostly black rules my wardrobe! The recent addition to my gothic collection is the Spiral THE WITCHES APPRENTICE Bat Sleeve Boat Neck black top. It adds an element of mystery to my look. The boat neck and bat sleeves top features a witches cat at ease with her witch mothers potions & crystal ball sat in front of an ornate pentagram arched window. The Feline on it looks like she could cast a spell or two. Full moon, watch your back!


I team this top with one of my favourite gothic skirts - the Cute Gothic Cherry Skulls Skater Skirt. The cherry skulls make it a cute option with a dark side. Anything that has some mystery associated with it fascinates me. Skull prints, cats, witches and spiders are my favourites.


For Women’s Gothic Tops, I like the collection at Blue Magik. Most of the outfits in my closet are from them. And they are all perfectly complement my gothic facet.


Music that I enjoy

Goth subculture is based on music. Listening to goth music is another thing, after my goth clothing, which makes me goth. Gothic rock is my favourite genre. It originated during the late 1970s. Gothic rock artists deal with dark themes and intellectual movements such as Gothic horror, Romanticism, existential philosophy and nihilism. I love bands like Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Joy Division, Siouxsie, The Cure, The Banshees, Black Veil Brides, The Damned and Fields of the Nephilim. I enjoy Darkwave, Deathrock, Dark Cabaret, Post Punk, Gothic Rock and Ethereal.


Accessories & Makeup

Black boots are my favourite footwear. I like to accessorise my looks with chains, spikes, chokers or elegant jewellery. I have a few piercings and my body adorns a few tattoos too. For makeup I prefer dark colour, especially black. I apply dark eyeliner, go for deep coloured lips and use dark eye shadows for smoky eyes. Does all this make me a goth? They pamper my inner goth, so yes.


My favourite goth movies

These are the movies that I have watched and I can watch them again and again, any number of times. My Sundays are mostly for watching goth flicks. From Beetlejuice, The Guest, Ghost World, Edward Scissorhands, Hellraiser, May The Film, Interview with the Vampire and the list can go on and on.

Comments

  1. I really appreciate your method to explaining about women's gothic clothing. Hope to see more posts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your method to explaining about women's gothic clothing. Hope to see more posts soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts